Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Education is like...

Education is like turning on the light in a dark room. There are so many things in the room that you wouldn't otherwise know of if you don't turn on the light. Education is the light. All the things in the room are all the things there are to learn. The room is basically the world. Education is the only way to learn these things. Everyone should have access to this light switch so they can access all the rest of the things in the room. When you're small, you can't exactly reach the light switch. This means that it's up to someone else to help you get your education, such as when your in preschool or kindergarten. As you get older, you can finally reach the light switch. This means that it's up to you to figure out if you want to know what the things are in the room badly enough to turn on the light.



I learned that education classes just aren't for me. This is the second online class that I've taken and I tend to forget assignments are due. Sometimes it's hard to learn material without being lectured to and just by reading books. Another thing I learned was different teaching methods that I observed in the elementary school that I did my observations hours at. It was interesting to see a class in action while not actually being a part of the class. The last thing I learned was that everyone has different opinions of different subjects. I learned this through everyone's personal blogs. I thought the blogs were a very good idea to get everyone's input on the subjects we talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment